As providers grapple with the effects of COVID-19, we continue to be your trusted partner, helping your business stay strong so you can focus on what’s most important – quality patient care. For important CMS updates, preparedness information, webinars, educational opportunities and many other resources to help you see your organization through this crisis, bookmark this page. Here’s the latest news:
- eSolutions has partnered with Alpha II, a trusted leader in medical coding, billing, value-based care and revenue cycle management solutions to develop a series of webinars and FAQs on COVID-19 billing and coding updates. Those FAQs are available here. To access the free, on-demand webinars, check here.
- New waiver for swing beds: In a surprise move, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released a new waiver on May 11, allowing all acute-care hospitals to use their beds for “swing bed services” when necessary.
- Hospitals, SNFs and long-term care services for COVID-19 patients: CMS has issued a slew of waivers designed to make it easier for SNFs to transfer patients between care sites to allow for easier cohorting, but those efforts have been focused on isolating COVID-19 patients in the SNF setting. Now, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is asking CMS to allow SNFs to send long-term care residents with COVID-19 to the hospital.
- COVID-19 testing in nursing homes: Vice President Mike Pence on Monday told state governors that the federal government strongly recommends COVID-19 testing for all nursing home residents over the next two weeks.
- New CMS panel: CMS has created an independent commission to make recommendations for responding to the COVID-19 pandemic in nursing homes.
We understand your commitment to provide the best care possible to your patients and communities. At eSolutions, we’re dedicated to ensuring you are reimbursed accurately and rapidly, providing world-class service and enabling access to solutions you need to strengthen your revenue health. If you have questions or concerns, we are available to assist you. Call us at 866.633.4726.