As providers grapple with the effects of COVID-19, we continue to be your trusted partner, helping your business stay strong so you can focus on what’s most important – quality patient care. For important CMS updates, preparedness information, webinars, educational opportunities and many other resources to help you see your organization through this crisis, bookmark this page. Here’s the latest news:
- Plans to safely reopen nursing homes: On Monday, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced new guidance for state and local officials to ensure the safe reopening of nursing homes across the country, detailing critical steps nursing homes should take to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Testing in Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs): As part of the new guidance, CMS adamantly recommends that nursing homes secure COVID-19 testing for all residents and staff before advancing with reopening or relaxing any restrictions. However, SNFs across the country have reported challenges related to the capacity to both secure testing and get results back.
- Hospitals, SNFs and long-term care services for COVID-19 patients: CMS has issued a slew of waivers designed to make it easier for SNFs to transfer patients between care sites to allow for easier cohorting, but those efforts have been focused on isolating COVID-19 patients in the SNF setting. Now, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is asking CMS to allow SNFs to send long-term care residents with COVID-19 to the hospital.
- Nursing home toolkit: Last week, CMS released a toolkit on state actions to mitigate the COVID-19 prevalence in nursing homes.
- Home health bankruptcies as a result of COVID-19: The Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM) was supposed to be the biggest disruption to hit the home health industry in decades, until agencies had to pivot to respond to the COVID-19 emergency. As a result, smaller home health providers are struggling to keep their heads above water.
- Special webinar opportunity this Friday, May 22: eSolutions is partnering with Maureen McCarthy, president of Celtic Consulting and nationally renowned SNF clinical operations and reimbursement expert for a new webinar, COVID-19 and PDPM Collide: What Your SNF Needs to Know. Reserve your spot for this free webinar here.
We understand your commitment to provide the best care possible to your patients and communities. At eSolutions, we’re dedicated to ensuring you are reimbursed accurately and rapidly, providing world-class service and enabling access to solutions you need to strengthen your revenue health. If you have questions or concerns, we are available to assist you. Call us at 866.633.4726.