As the national healthcare industry grapples with the effects of COVID-19, your world is changing rapidly. We continue to be your trusted partner, effectively helping you manage your revenue cycle while your organization focuses on patient care – saving you time and creating efficiencies where we can. We’re curating a selection of the latest news to help you stay on top of critical issues surrounding our industry.
An important eSolutions update: eSolutions’ products have been updated with all COVID-19 related diagnosis, HCPCS and CPT codes.
- CMS has expanded the current Accelerated and Advance Payment Program during the COVID-19 public health emergency to extend financial hardship relief to impacted Medicare providers, physicians and suppliers. View the fact sheet here.
- CMS is waiving certain requirements related to hospital discharge planning for post-acute care services, according to a report released yesterday.
- On Monday, CMS announced another round of COVID-19 regulatory waivers and new rules aimed at reinforcing the operations of Medicare-reimbursed providers. Among changes for home health agencies, CMS stated that it is loosening Medicare homebound requirements while also suspending the Review Choice Demonstration.
- This past weekend, CMS issued an electronic toolkit regarding telehealth and telemedicine for long-term care nursing home facilities.
- Last weekend, CMS sent a letter to the nation’s hospitals on behalf of Vice President Pence requesting they report data in connection with their efforts to fight the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- From Skilled Nursing News: What nursing homes need to know as CMS cracks down on infection control.
- The American Medical Association launched a YouTube update with perspectives from physician leaders and outside experts on the evolving COVID-19 pandemic. They also released a set of FAQs on physician-patient relationships, clinical topics, practice management and ethical issues regarding COVID-19.