As providers grapple with the effects of COVID-19, we continue to be your trusted partner, helping your business stay strong so you can focus on what’s most important – quality patient care. For important CMS updates, preparedness information, webinars, educational opportunities and many other resources to help you see your organization through this crisis, bookmark this page. Here’s the latest news:
- 10 healthcare IT must-reads on optimizing operations and revenue in 2020 and beyond: As healthcare moves through the COVID-19 crisis, leaders are transforming how their organizations approach operations, care delivery and revenue cycle management. The pandemic is driving technology leaders to solve enduring technology challenges like interoperability, expand telehealth offerings and optimize revenue integrity with cutting edge tools and strategies. These 10 articles examine the innovations hospitals and health systems can use to optimize operations and protect their bottom line.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) updates Medicare billing rules for 20% add-on COVID-19 payment: Claims eligible for the 20% add-on payment for COVID-19 hospitalizations will now have to have a positive laboratory test documented in the patient’s medical record, according to recent Medicare billing updates from CMS.
- Hospital operating margins down 96% as volumes remain low: Hospital financial performance is starting to recover after hitting historic lows at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, but the providers still face a bumpy road ahead. This new study looks at the numbers.
- Insurers’ COVID-19 waivers to expire in coming months: New data found across individual and fully insured group plans, 88% of members had a plan that waived out-of-pocket costs for COVID-19 at some point during the pandemic. But only 52% of enrollees are in plans that have cost-sharing waivers that extend into October and beyond.
- CMS to resume routine nursing home inspections: After a period of suspension as part of its response to the COVID-19 pandemic in March, CMS announced last week that routine inspections for all Medicare- and Medicaid-certified providers and suppliers will resume. More information is available in a recently released guidance.
- Could COVID-19 end independent physician practices? 59% of physicians anticipate COVID-19 will reduce the number of independent physician practices in their communities, while half think hospitals will exert stronger influence after the pandemic.
We understand your commitment to provide the best care possible to your patients and communities. At eSolutions, we’re dedicated to ensuring you are reimbursed accurately and rapidly, providing world-class service and enabling access to solutions you need to strengthen your revenue health. If you have questions or concerns, we are available to assist you. Call us at 866.633.4726.