As providers grapple with the effects of COVID-19, we continue to be your trusted partner, helping your business stay strong so you can focus on what’s most important – quality patient care. For important CMS updates, preparedness information, webinars, educational opportunities and many other resources to help you see your organization through this crisis, bookmark this page. Here’s a selection of the latest news.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) proposes to expand telehealth reimbursement after COVID-19: A recent Executive Order prompts CMS to make many of the telehealth flexibilities expanded during the coronavirus pandemic permanent. The order addresses telehealth access in rural areas, where it has proven to be especially useful. The CMS Fact Sheet addressing funding and flexibilities is available here.
- New executive measures on COVID-19 relief aid: Here are 5 things providers should know.
- CMS releases Medicare COVID-19 data snapshot: The Medicare COVID-19 Data Snapshot fact sheet reports COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations data for Medicare beneficiaries diagnosed with COVID-19. This fact sheet offers aggregate data and visuals from Medicare Fee-for-Service claims data, Medicare Advantage encounter data and Medicare enrollment information. A key takeaway: Data confirm that the COVID-19 pandemic is disproportionately affecting vulnerable populations, particularly racial and ethnic minorities.
- Providers fear growing uninsured rates will keep patient volumes down: While many providers are starting to see their patient volume levels improve, most physicians and advanced practice providers are still concerned about the long-term effects of COVID-19. A recent survey showed that 73% of providers are concerned that newly uninsured patients will continue delaying care, leading to worsening conditions and independent practice closures.
- Remote patient monitoring devices, reimbursement during COVID-19 pandemic: While telehealth adoption has skyrocketed during the coronavirus pandemic, the use of remote patient monitoring devices has also climbed among patients, signaling a shift that some physicians say points to the need for device insurance coverage.
- CMS to pay for coronavirus counseling, plus, additional COVID-19 billing updates: CMS recently announced provider reimbursement for self-isolation and other coronavirus counseling and updated FAQs on COVID-19 billing for remote services and coronavirus testing.
We understand your commitment to provide the best care possible to your patients and communities. At eSolutions, we’re dedicated to ensuring you are reimbursed accurately and rapidly, providing world-class service and enabling access to solutions you need to strengthen your revenue health. If you have questions or concerns, we are available to assist you. Call us at 866.633.4726.